Become a Certified Bookkeeper™ in only 10 weeks!
Gain an industry accredited Bookkeeping qualification from only $25 a week
ABKN1014 – Certificate in Bookkeeping™
Become a Certified Bookkeeper™ in just ten weeks!
- Learn to balance the books with this online course.
- You’ll be able to prepare GST returns, and keep business accounts.
- Learn to analyse and interpret a profit and loss statement and balance sheet.
- This course is perfect for business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns.
Talk to an advisor to learn more about this course
- Work from home and become a Certified Bookkeeper™
- Gain access to our Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
This course is designed for
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns
Investment: $995 + GST – on a $25 per week interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 14 modules / 14 assignments, includes case studies, written assessments.
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Course Level: 4
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s bookkeeping graduates start their own bookkeeping business or work in small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as:
- Payroll Officer
- Financial Advisor
- Assistant Accountant
The availability of Bookkeeping-related roles in New Zealand is expected to increase resulting in over 4,950 job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for employee Bookkeepers is between $40,000 – $70,000 per year, or up to $40-$50 per hour as contract bookkeepers.
Covering the following modules
ABKN202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 – General Journal
ABKN153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 – Depreciation
ABKN106 – Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 – Financial Statements
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
ABKN214 – Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
ABKN188 – Fringe Benefit Tax
ABKN151 – Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN217 – Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
ABKN103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKN122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
CITG125 – Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
Accreditation & Certification
This course has been accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards. On completion of this course you will become a Certified Bookkeeper – a recognised credential, respected and valued by employers and businesses throughout New Zealand.